Traffic for this topic and Potential for this topic are two information cards displayed in Overview > Planning and statistics.
Click on All.
Click on any line item. Or right-click and select Open page topic details.
In this details view, you will see two cards Traffic for this topic and Potential for this topic.
Traffic for this topic
This information is updated monthly. Dec → Jan refers to the last update (JAN) and the prior update (DEC) used to calculate the change in rank and traffic.
- Volume is the total monthly search volume for this topic.
- Rank is the rank (at last update) along with the directional change.
- Traffic is MarketMuse estimation of monthly traffic your page receives for this topic including the percentage increase from the prior period. The estimated traffic for this topic is based on two factors:
- Where you rank on the first page of the SERP.
- Any SERP features that can impact the number of clicks that organic listings receive.
- Total Page traffic for topic is the estimated amount of traffic that this topic contributes to the total page traffic.
- Total Page traffic is the estimated traffic to this page based on all its ranking keywords.
- Total Site traffic for topic is the estimated amount of traffic that this topic contributes to the total site traffic.
- Total Site traffic is the estimated traffic to this site based on all its ranking keywords.
Share of Volume by Rank shows MarketMuse’s estimation of monthly traffic based on its position (1 through 10) in the SERP.
Note that the total monthly volume for the topic (in this case 2,400) does not equal the sum of traffic for the top 10 organic listings as a certain amount of traffic is lost to SERP features.Current is your current rank for the topic and only appears if you rank on the first page.
Max Potential is MarketMuse’s estimation of the potential this page has in ranking for the topic. This estimation is based on your current ranking, content score, and topical authority for this page, plus the authority of all your other content written around this topic (residing in your content inventory).
Potential for this topic
The values in this card are determined by traffic estimations from the previous card.
- Value is based on the estimated max potential traffic times your ROI adjustment (default is CPC).
- Realized is current estimated traffic times your ROI adjustment (default is CPC).
- The percentage is a comparison between the last time this was calculated and the prior period.
- Unrealized is the difference between Value and Realized.
- Share of page value from topic is the estimation of how much this topic contributes to the value of the page.
- Total page value is based on the value of all ranking topics for the page.
- Share of site value from this topic is the estimation of how much this topic contributes to the site’s value.
- Total site value is the estimation of the site’s value
Share of Value by Rank is similar to Share of Volume by Rank. But in this case MarketMuse takes the estimated volume and multiplies that by CPC (default) or the adjusted ROI calculation.