If you want to create new content, just enter a topic. If you wish to optimize an existing page, also include its URL.
MarketMuse will analyze thousands of pages on the subject and create a list of 50 related topics necessary to craft expert-level content.
This list, sorted by relevance, appears in the Right Rail under the Research tab.
Each topic has a corresponding DIST (the number of times it is mentioned in the text editor to the left of this section) and SUGGESTED (the number of times MarketMuse recommends mentioning the topic).
Depending on your settings, mentions will appear either as banded ranges (as seen above) or exact figures.
Additionally, MarketMuse analyzes the top 20 competitive pages in Google and compares them to the topic model.
The Compete tab shows the pages, their rank, Content Score, and Word Count. Click on an entry’s URL to open up that page.
The feed tab provides insights into the extent to which related topics are being incorporated into the document. Here are the three types of feedback you can expect to see.
The left part of the workspace contains Average Content Score of the Top 20, the Target Content Score, Average Word Count of the Top 20, and the Target Word Count.
The Target Content Score is what MarketMuse recommends to put you comfortably in the running for the optimized topic. Likewise, with the recommended Word Count.
The Content Score and Word Count update as you make changes to the text in the editor.
The editor highlights in green any mentions of terms appearing in the Research tab. Variants are colored yellow.
You can control the appearance of related topic highlights and other attributes by clicking on the View drop-down menu.
When finished use Copy for Publishing to copy a clean HTML version of your document to the clipboard. Then paste this into your content management system (CMS).
Content in the text editor can be saved by pressing Save to Inventory to save the written content along with its list of recommended topics. Saved content can be retrieved by accessing Saved Content in the left navigation bar, under PROJECTS.
Additional Controls Located at the Top of the Application.
- Export – Exports all the data from the application (if your plan permits).
- Snapshot– Stored historical queries that you can pull up and reference at any point in time.
- Advanced Settings– Offers several advanced controls over how MarketMuse behaves.
- Control if MarketMuse pulls content from the entire page (including header and footer) or just the article.
- Include people in the topic model.
- Include brands in the topic model
- Set the target country from which search engine results are displayed.
- Help– A dropdown menu where you can access MarketMuse Academy and learn to use MarketMuse like a pro or chat with support.