Give Optimize a topic and it will generate a topic model, the same as it does in all the other applications.
A few things to keep in mind when optimizing content.
- To be clear, mentioning a term a specific number of times on a page (keyword density) will not improve your ranking. Instead, use it to guide your topical coverage.
- You don’t need to incorporate all the topics in your content. But you should have enough coverage to reach the Target Content Score.
- Each mention of a topic is worth one point (up to a maximum of two points per topic).
- Consider the Target Content Score as a minimum objective. The more comprehensively you can address a topic the better.
- Aim to stick within a reasonable range of the Target Word Count as this encourages you to write concisely.
- Depending on your settings, mentions will appear either as banded ranges (as seen above) or exact figures.
Also, there is no way of excluding domains from appearing in the compete list under the Compete Tab. Because it is meant to show the top 20 pages, it can’t be customized.
The feed tab provides insights into the extent to which related topics are being incorporated into the document. Here are the three types of feedback you can expect to see.
MarketMuse may highlight words in the text editor using any one of these colors.
- Green if a term appears in the Research Tab.
- Yellow if it’s a variant.
- Blue when a relevant topic is mentioned but does not count towards increasing the content score.
You can control the appearance of related topic highlights and other attributes by clicking on the View drop-down menu.
When finished use Copy for Publishing to copy a clean HTML version of your document to the clipboard. Then paste this into your content management system (CMS).
Content in the text editor can be saved by pressing Save to Inventory to save the written content along with its list of recommended topics. Saved content can be retrieved by accessing Saved Content in the left navigation bar, under PROJECTS.
Read on the MarketMuse Blog:
Watch in the MarketMuse Academy:
- Creating New Content Using MarketMuse (Part 1)
- Creating New Content Using MarketMuse (Part 2)
- Optimizing Existing Content Using MarketMuse
Other Knowledge Base Documents:
- How Optimize Handles Plurals and Other Issues
- Moving Content From Optimize To Your Content Management System
Also, at the top right of the screen you’ll see a group of buttons.
Export – Use the export button to quickly export your results page. The exported file is downloaded to your computer in a Microsoft Excel format. For more information click here.
Snapshot – Snapshots are like browser histories, except they contain previous topic searches. For a more detailed explanation, click here.
Settings – Change the URL box’s fetch to include the entire page or just the article itself. Also, toggle whether or not you want the scoring to include Brands and People’s names. Changing the country’s SERP is also available.
Help – Find out about product updates, leave feedback, and get product support.
Note: You can also change the country used for SERP analysis by clicking on the country flag appearing in the Enter a topic field.