What is a query?
A query occurs every time you enter a focus topic (and optionally a URL) into a MarketMuse Application (Research, Compete, Questions, Connect, Optimize). and press RUN. For example, if you search for competitive gaps for “what is content intelligence” In Compete, that counts as 1 query.
What can I do using only queries?
Queries are used to run MarketMuse Applications. You can use them to:
- Improve the depth and breadth of your article before you publish using our real-time editor that scores your content as you write (Optimize Application).
- Find new content to create (Research Application).
- Analyze the distribution of related topics on your page to ensure the right depth and comprehensiveness (Research Application).
- Compare your content against top-ranking pages to visualize gaps in a competitive heatmap (Compete Application).
- Discover how to differentiate your content from the competition (Compete Application).
- Ensure your content answers the important questions asked by your audience and avoid intent mismatch (Questions Application).
- Get internal and external linking recommendations (Connect Application).
How do I track query usage?
The left navigation bar shows how many queries have been used this month and the total number of monthly queries in your plan.
How do I get more queries?
Press the Credit and Queries button located in the left navigation bar and situated at the bottom.
Next, select the Query Balance button on the left navigation bar:
Then, click the + button next to Queries, choose your amount, and click Confirm Order.
When do queries refresh?
Each month, your queries refresh on or around the account’s creation date. The exact date is found by clicking on Credits / Queries on the bottom of the left navigation bar, and then selecting Query Balance.
How much do queries cost?
Queries are available in batches of 10 and are purchased with credits. The current price is shown during the ordering process before confirmation.
Does using the same topic (and optional URL) count as another query?
Yes, every time we run an application in MarketMuse we use a query. To save on queries we save the data received from these requests as Snapshots. You can refer to these Snapshots anytime at no cost. Just press the snapshot button (beside the gear) in the top toolbar.
What’s the difference between a credit and a query?
Credit is the currency used to purchase content Briefs and First Draft content.
A query occurs every time you enter a focus topic into a MarketMuse Application (Research, Compete, Questions, Connect, Optimize).
How can I maximize my query usage?
For those on plans with limited queries, read our Tips for the New User article.