Connect determines which internal links will help readers and improve search rankings. Enter a topic for which you want a linking strategy.
MarketMuse suggests highly relevant internal links and non-competitive high-quality external links, plus anchor text, that are most effective for the topic and your domain. Implement our linking suggestions within your content to create content clusters and improve your domain authority.
The data is divided into four tabs: Internal, External, Network, and Competition.
Each tab contains up to 10 different anchor texts along with at least one URL suggestion per anchor text. When Connect finds multiple URLs for a particular anchor text, it will list these as well, giving you more options from which to choose something editorially appropriate.
Internal links are those within your site. External links point to external sites. Network links point to other sites you control (as defined in settings) and Competition links are based on competitors as defined in settings.
How Connect Determines the Anchor Text
Enter a topic into Connect and it creates a topic model based on its analysis of thousands of web documents. The process for creating the topic model is the same as that used in the other applications.
For Internal and Network suggestions, Connect finds pages about topics from higher up the topic list. It uses these as anchor text suggestions since they are the most relevant.
MarketMuse does its best to match a page on your website with the suggested anchor text. For smaller sites, it’s a little more challenging because there are fewer pages from which it can choose.
For competitive anchor text, Connect finds quality pages about topics from lower down the topic list. They’re still relevant to readers, yet are not directly in competition with the subject of the article.
Additional controls are located at the top of the application.
- Export – Exports all the data from the application (if your plan permits).
- Snapshot– Stored historical queries that you can pull up and reference at any point in time.
- Advanced Settings– Offers several advanced controls over how MarketMuse behaves.
- Control if MarketMuse pulls content from the entire page (including header and footer) or just the article.
- Include people in the topic model.
- Include brands in the topic model
- Set the target country from which search engine results are displayed.
- Help– Press this to access our support hub where you can learn about this page, access MarketMuse Academy and learn to use MarketMuse like a pro, read our documentation, leave feedback, and chat with support.
You can also change the country used for SERP analysis by clicking on the country flag appearing in the Enter a topic field.