In this workflow, we create a filter looking for pages that:
- Ranks for many different terms.
- Typically ranks high for its focus topic.
- Has high MarketMuse Page Authority
From this shortlist we:
- Examine each page one at a time looking at all the topics.
- Check for a potential intent mismatch.
- Verify each mismatch to ensure no other pages rank for the topic.
- Add it to a plan.
The filter used in the video is as follows:
- Page Authority >= 20
- Related topics >= 25
You may want to adjust these numbers to fit your situation, depending on your inventory.
The Pages Inventory is set to display the following columns:
- Related Topics
- Page Title
- Rank Range
- Top Valued Topic
- Page Authority
- Avg. Topic Authority
- Share of Site Value
- Avg. Difficulty
- Avg. Personalized Difficulty
- Potential Value
- Unrealized Value
Here are the most common ways of sorting Pages Inventory for this workflow:
- Page Authority in ascending order if you want to start with your most authoritative pages.
- Related Topics in descending order if you want to start with the pages that have the most ranking topics.
- Avg. Topic Authority in ascending order if you want to start with the pages that are driving authority for their most relevant topics.
- Value/Mo in descending order if you want to start with your most valuable pages.
- Unrealized Value in descending order if you want to start with pages that have the most potential upside if you build a cluster around them.