This workflow is similar to Finding Striking Distance Pages, but in this case, we’re looking at topics. Once again, “close” is a relative term, so you may need to adjust the parameters of our suggested filter.
- Click in the left navigation bar.
- Sort by Topic Authority in descending order.
- Add a filter for Rank greater than or equal to 8 and less than or equal to 20. (Adjust these parameters to suit your needs). Optionally add a filter for Search Volume set to >= the lowest monthly volume desired.
- Move down the list using Personalized Difficulty to estimate the amount of content required to move a topic from striking distance to a higher position.
- Click on a row to explore that topic further.
- Click to see what page(s) are ranking for that topic.
- If there is one that you want to Optimize then click on it to open up a new Project for that page/topic combination.
- Clickto open the Optimize text editor or clickin the left navigation bar.