Heatmap lets you conduct competitive content analysis of the search engine results page or any other website. Use it to quickly discover gaps in your competitors content or your own.
Here are some highlights:
- Heatmap compares the top 20 results in the SERP against the topic model created by analyzing hundreds of pages
- It shows the URL and rank of each of the top 20 results along with their content score. This score is a good indicator of how well they cover the subject as you need broad topical coverage to achieve a high score.
- Down the left side are the list of semantically related topics (generated by MarketMuse patented topic modeling technology).
- The colored squares show how frequently a topic is mentioned – Red means 0 mentions, yellow = 1 to 2, green 3 – 10, and blue = 10+.
- Look at a row to see how well a topic is covered across the pages.
- Look down a column to see how well that page covers all the topics.
- Sort the heatmap by gaps to quickly find topics that the SERP competition isn’t covering — it’s a great way to find opportunities to differentiate your content.
- Sort by must-haves to ensure you cover the most crucial topics when talking about a specific subject.
- Click on Explore: “A Website” tab and enter the URL get a heatmap of a specific site (yours or a competitors). You can exclude sections of a site — helpful for large sites where you want to zero in on specific content (say from a blog).
- Add a topic to your inventory if it has a grey + to get competitive insights.
- Export to a spreadsheet for further processing.
- You can also conduct a competitive content quality analysis of any website by click on “Explore a website” and entering its URL
- Export results to an excel spreadsheet using the Export button.