Topic Details is part of the Details View and the following sections:
- Planning and Statistics – an overview of basic metrics for this page.
- Ranking Topics – to understand what topics this pages ranks for and determine whether to update the existing page or create new content.
- Non-Ranking Topics – additional topics around which to update the existing page or created additional content.
- In-Content Links – links to other pages on your site and those outside your domain. Helpful for building out clusters.
Planning and Statistics
This section contains a number of cards providing basic information on the page helping you to get an overall bearing.
1. Page Thumbnail
A thumbnail of the page showing what’s visible onscreen.
2. Word Count
Indicates the number of words in the content section of the article. Boiler-plate content, like that from the header and footer is removed from the count.
3. Page Type
The type page according to one of the following categories – article, discussion, FAQ, job posting, other, biography page, social media profile, product, category, image, or video.
This is the estimated monthly traffic along with the percentage change since this data was last updated (usually monthly).
5. Search Intent
The major intent serviced by this page (know, know simple, transactional, comparison).
6. In Content External Links.
The number of links from the content of this page to pages on another site.
7. In Content Internal Links.
Links from the content of this page to other pages on your site.
8. Page Authority
The authority of the page is based on how well it performs for the topics covered.
This is a list of all the topics for which this page ranks. The data points are the same as those contained in the Topic Inventory. See Using MarketMuse Topic Inventory Metrics (Cheat Sheet).
Links considered are only those found within the content of a page. Boiler template content such as headers and footers are not considered.